The diet is considered balanced if it provides the necessary nutrients and energy in quantities that allow maintaining the functions of the organism in a state of physical and mental health. This balanced diet is according to each person and that adapts to their sex, age, weight and the state of health of their organism.
The importance of losing weight
Getting healthy weight and maintaining it is important for your health in general and can help you prevent and control many diseases. If you are overweight or obese, there is a greater risk that you will develop serious health problems, including heart disease, hypertension, breathing problems and certain types of cancer. That’s why it’s so important to maintain a healthy weight that helps you reduce the risk of developing these problems, helps you feel good about yourself, and gives you more energy to enjoy life. You can contact the best dieticians for Chennai weight loss.
What factors can influence a healthy weight?
Many factors can influence a person’s weight. These factors include the environment, family, genetics, metabolism, the way your body transforms food and oxygen into energy, behaviour and habits. We listen all the time that losing weight helps our health does not decline. However, not winning it again is a struggle that we must face every day. This is why it is important that we are aware that although winning a few extra kilos does not generate any negative impact on us, but yes, the continued accumulation of fat in our body can begin to seriously affect our organs.
Benefits of weight loss for health
- Metabolic changes- If you have modified your lifestyle towards a more healthy and practical exercise of physical exercise habitually, in addition to losing weight, your body will benefit from metabolic changes that involve improvement or prevention of diseases; Improvement in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, therefore, improvement in plasma lipid levels and glucose levels. Your blood pressure may also be benefited.
- Lower risk of diseases- An adequate weight is associated with lower risk of metabolic, cardiovascular, diabetes, cancer, etc.
- Digestive level improvements- Decrease in weight is related to better digestion, reducing digestive events: acidity, heavy digestion, colic.
- Better rest- It is common for people with overweight and obesity to have problems at bedtime. Obesity is one of the main causes of apnea and snoring. Weight reduction by reducing body fat mass helps with better rest due to greater freedom in the respiratory tract and improves snoring.
- More energy- You will feel more energized. In addition, seeing improvements in weight and in the performance of physical activity (each time you have greater resistance, strength, flexibility, and balance) is very motivating.
- Better physical mobility- The loss of weight will make you move more easily, increasing your physical agility; what will make you feel better with yourself. In addition, this way you avoid problems of back, bones and joints.
- Greater self-esteem- All these changes, together with physical changes and greater self-control over food, produce an increase in confidence and self-confidence, which translates into an improvement in social relationships and a higher quality of life.