RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is a technological application which uses software featuring Artificial Intelligence (AI). It has technical and mechanical capacities to handle high volume tasks performed by a human.
RPA is powered by software which permits developers to handle complicated automation of process of a company. In case of working by an RPA robot, it completes many tasks like maintenance of records, logging in, queries, calculations, entering data, logging out, transactions etc. The software robot works on the User Interface (UI) and is particularly useful for organizations which have complicated systems and need to work with each other fluidly.
Thus RPA is a tool that helps employees in an enterprise to organize the robot or computer software to interpret and detain previous applications for data manipulation, transaction processing, interaction with many unique digital systems and triggering responses.
RPA is the best use of software with AI (Artificial Intelligence) and machine learning capacities to complete high volume and repetitive work successfully, avoiding the need for human power. The capacity to be open to and adapt to different situations makes RPA different from conventional automation in IT.
RPA brings excellent technologically advanced solutions to businesses across the globe, conducting models that allow automation, reducing investment and bringing out superiority and efficiency. There is much demand for robotic process automation vendors. The areas where RPA is useful include:
- Automated assistant
- IT management and support
- Process automation
Key Features of RPA
- Code free-RPA does not require any programming or coding skills. Business personnel well acquainted with subject matter and process expertise but without any programming experience may be trained to automate the business process using RPA software tools in space of a short period. Most platforms of RPA offer a flow chart in which definitions of businessprocess aremade graphically by using, dropping and dragging icons which are steps in a process.
- Non-disruptive-Most of IT deployment faces the major challenge of complex or risky departure or transformation from existing system interfaces/ processes. Because of this, many big organizations are cautious and diffident about re-designing, replacing or enhancing the running system. The crucial benefit of RPA is to avoid such risk and complexity. The software robot accesses the end user system just like the way of a human i.e. by following current quality, security and standards of data integrity. In case of implementation of RPA, security access control and data integrity are enforced according to existing standards, preventing any disruption and maintaining protection and functionality.
- Friendliness to business user-Since RPA projects do not need deep IT skills or investment in fresh technological platforms, the economic threshold of processes with a viable business case for automation is much lower than other automation projects.
Future of RPA
The future of RPA is subject to much speculation in current times, due to maturity levels of current software. A substantial progress in AI is expected to find out new synergies and software capabilities as made by robotic process automation companies.
The potential future scenario may include:
- Merger of RPA and BPM (Business Process Management) tools to a single package which has lots in common as regards o
- Progress in AI leading to greater incorporations of RPA tools for highly advanced inference and decision making in business processes like demand planning, financial reporting etc.
These are some of the pertinent facts related to Robotic Process Automation.