From 2019 onwards, JEE Main would be conducted by NTA (National Test Agency) and twice in a year (in Jan and April). It is a national level engineering entrance exams providing admissions among the most sought-after engineering institutes consisting of IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), CFTIs, NITs etc. for B.Tech and B.Arch courses. To get admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad, candidates need to qualify JEE Main as well as JEE Advanced.
Notifications have been released by NTA regarding the application form, date of exam, admit card release, pattern of the exam and syllabus.
Here we would be talking about all of them one by one as per the official notice released by National Test Agency (NTA).
JEE Main 2019: Application Form
- Notification for JEE Main was released in August 2019.
- Application form was released for filling on September 1, 2018 and the last date for filling up the application form was September 30, 2018.
- Firstly, students who have not registered yet need to register by filling up the basic details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email id and phone number.
- After registration, unique registration number and password would be allotted to the candidates for subsequent logins.
- Last date for fee submission of the application form was October 1, 2018. Fee payment can be done through credit card/debit card/net banking or using e-challan.
- Application form correction window was enabled on Oct 8, 2018 and was operational till October 14, 2018.
- Application form correction window would be accessible only after the successful payment of application fee.
JEE Main 2019: Exam Dates
As it has been notified by NTA, the exam conducting body for JEE Main that JEE Main would be held twice annually, dates for JEE Main are as follows:
- For January session, exam would be held from Jan 6 till Jan 20, 2019.
- For April session, exam would be held from April 6 till April 20, 2019.
- The exams would be conducted in different shifts in a day.
JEE Main 2019: Admit Card Release
Admit card would be released on December 17, 2018 on the official website of NTA. Following are the steps to download admit card for JEE Main 2019:
- Visit the official website of NTA.
- Login using your id and password allotted at the time of registration.
- Click on Admit Card tab.
- Download the admit card and take a printout for future use as entry to examination hall is not allowed without hall ticket.
JEE Main 2019: Announcement of Result
As the exam would be conducted twice, result for both the phase would be declared separately.
- For January session, result would be declared till January 31, 2019 and for April session, result would be declared till April 30, 2019.
- Cut off marks for the exam would be released only after the result declaration.
- Candidates may visit the official website and login using their id and password.
- Click on “Result” tab and result would get displayed.
- The result would contain the overall marks scored by the candidate along with the sectional marks.
- Moreover, you would also be displayed the cut off marks for the exam.